Oak Barrel, 24L
By Special Order Only.
By ordering this now, you agree that you will be charged in advance and it will ship or be available for store pickup when it's in stock.
- In store pickup only.
- Tap shown not included.
- Capacity: 6.3 gallons - 24 liters
- Comes with Stand
- The interior is flamed to a medium char (level 3) that helps infuse your desired drink with delicious medium toast flavors. All barrels will leak if not properly taken care of.
- Instructions: These barrels will require some simple maintenance to ensure a leak-free barrel.
- Leaving your barrel empty can cause the wood to dry and contract resulting in small passages for the liquid to leak from.
- It is important to fill it to the top with water and allow the wood to swell back up. Follow this step if your barrel has been stored for a long period of time as well.
- Replace the water every day for 3 days, if the barrel has no signs of leaks after this then you are fine to fill it with your desired drink.
- If your barrel is leaking and it has been slightly empty for an extended period of time, then you need to empty your barrel into a storage device and proceed with re-hydrating of the barrel. To do this fill the barrel with water, replacing every day for 5 days. This will cause the wood to swell back up.
- Please Note: If your barrel is leaking topping it up with your drink will not stop the leaks. If after 5 days the leak is still not fixed then you will need to submerge the entire barrel into the water and weigh it down to ensure that it is fully underwater.
- Please Note: All barrels are leak tested during production. If the barrel you receive is cracked then it would have been damaged during transport.
- Ensure that your barrel is always topped up and not left empty.
- Please Note: If after submerging your barrel in water and it is still leaking when full then you may need to use Beeswax or candle wax along with a hairdryer over the leaking area. The hairdryer heats up the wax and causes it to seep into the wood grain.
- Product of Portugal